This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
IgzModelConverter
Big Grin 
New version of IgzModelConverter!

Rotated it in the right position! (Model standing at the ground, you don't have to position it correctly yourself anymore)
Sleepy
Guimian and Ghostiesfm like this post
(17-07-2019, 02:11 PM)MrUncleBingo Wrote:
(17-07-2019, 01:39 PM)Ghostiesfm Wrote:
(17-07-2019, 01:32 PM)MrUncleBingo Wrote:
(17-07-2019, 01:27 PM)Ghostiesfm Wrote:
(17-07-2019, 12:50 PM)Lolwutburger Wrote: I've been using this one.

https://gamebanana.com/tools/6551

It's a bit of a hassle since I have to flip the textures vertically before using them.

Yeah I tried using that one too but both of them give me issues with normal maps

Probably you both already know, but RTB updated the Texture Tool some weeks ago. I used It for some models like Papu Papu (That gived me some problems), and now It works fine.

Here.

still broken
  [Image: 3e53ae58e37c64bbe56a298e392af6d9.png]

Damn, that sucks. Then you shall try to tell RTB about this (I think I already saw you talking about this on the VG resource forum, so he probably will fix it and release another update, maybe with his model tool finally).

I already asked RTB about this, in fact, it is in the same thread. He said that the issue is most likely to be the .pak extractor. He said he's getting no issues at all with his modified version of the quickbms script.
(17-07-2019, 05:28 PM)Guimian Wrote: I already asked RTB about this, in fact, it is in the same thread. He said that the issue is most likely to be the .pak extractor. He said he's getting no issues at all with his modified version of the quickbms script.

With my nst-extractor?
Hmm... Gonna have a look at it.
(17-07-2019, 05:28 PM)Guimian Wrote:
(17-07-2019, 02:11 PM)MrUncleBingo Wrote:
(17-07-2019, 01:39 PM)Ghostiesfm Wrote:
(17-07-2019, 01:32 PM)MrUncleBingo Wrote:
(17-07-2019, 01:27 PM)Ghostiesfm Wrote: Yeah I tried using that one too but both of them give me issues with normal maps

Probably you both already know, but RTB updated the Texture Tool some weeks ago. I used It for some models like Papu Papu (That gived me some problems), and now It works fine.

Here.

still broken
  [Image: 3e53ae58e37c64bbe56a298e392af6d9.png]

Damn, that sucks. Then you shall try to tell RTB about this (I think I already saw you talking about this on the VG resource forum, so he probably will fix it and release another update, maybe with his model tool finally).

I already asked RTB about this, in fact, it is in the same thread. He said that the issue is most likely to be the .pak extractor. He said he's getting no issues at all with his modified version of the quickbms script.
I'm mainly using NST Pak explorer to open and extract .paks
so not sure if that is the issue if so don't know what other thing opens .paks
(17-07-2019, 05:45 PM)AdventureT Wrote:
(17-07-2019, 05:28 PM)Guimian Wrote: I already asked RTB about this, in fact, it is in the same thread. He said that the issue is most likely to be the .pak extractor. He said he's getting no issues at all with his modified version of the quickbms script.

With my nst-extractor?
Hmm... Gonna have a look at it.

Sorry, i was talking about NST Explorer by Neo_Kesha. With your NST_Extractor, i had no luck extracting CTR files for some reason...
Is everyone supposed to be all cracked like this?

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: unknown.png]

Idk, it's pretty annoying when I try to texture them.
(17-07-2019, 06:13 PM)Guimian Wrote: Sorry, i was talking about NST Explorer by Neo_Kesha. With your NST_Extractor, i had no luck extracting CTR files for some reason...

NST extractor uses the quickbms script which only works with the PC version of NST, the switch games use a slightly different pak format that uses an extra byte for the compressed file size so it won't work with the same script. NST explorer does work (and you can extract all files by selecting a folder now) for extraction at least but not really repacking so I've been using my own thing for modding the switch games that also includes stuff like a much better texture converter than my old one, lets you view textures in the pak without needing to extract them, also plays music etc... should be able to include simple model viewing too now that we have this converter... it's a much less complicated project than the level editor but I'm getting busier all the time so who knows when it might be ready for release  Confused
(18-07-2019, 01:22 PM)ARD Wrote:
(17-07-2019, 06:13 PM)Guimian Wrote: Sorry, i was talking about NST Explorer by Neo_Kesha. With your NST_Extractor, i had no luck extracting CTR files for some reason...

NST extractor uses the quickbms script which only works with the PC version of NST, the switch games use a slightly different pak format that uses an extra byte for the compressed file size so it won't work with the same script. NST explorer does work (and you can extract all files by selecting a folder now) for extraction at least but not really repacking so I've been using my own thing for modding the switch games that also includes stuff like a much better texture converter than my old one, lets you view textures in the pak without needing to extract them, also plays music etc... should be able to include simple model viewing too now that we have this converter... it's a much less complicated project than the level editor but I'm getting busier all the time so who knows when it might be ready for release  Confused

NST Explorer works like a charm for extracting, it only has problems when extracting the normals maps (and sadly, they are very important for the models :c) and like you said, repacking the Switch version too... Your new tool sounds very promising but of course, take your time!
Question, can this tool also rip out models for background elements? Like the random rocks and trees laying about the world.
(19-07-2019, 07:52 AM)Lolwutburger Wrote: Question, can this tool also rip out models for background elements? Like the random rocks and trees laying about the world.

Yes should work.
  • And since I read the forum with rtb, I think about discontinuing IgzModelConverter because rtb already has a model converter which can also rig so actually no point continuing this project. And it probably comes out soon as he wrote so yeah I guess this was it for igzmodelconverter.
  • But I'm currently updating nst_extractor for ctr so stay tuned for that!
  • Also I'll be not be so active here for 1 week because I'm on vacation, so no progress in nst_extractor/igzmodelconverter too
Have a nice one!
Lolwutburger likes this post