This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash Bandicoot Remake : News
Heart 
Hi everyone,

As you might know, I'm working of a total remake of Crash Bandicoot.

So, I open this thread to speak about the real project, the render and (I hope !) the final game/download link.
The other thread (in the General category) is for speaking about the developement of the game.

Concretely, I will use this thread for :
- What I want to do in my game ;
- Polls about my features ;
- Videos about the real game and show you gameplay ;
- Link to the final game, and to download the project (because I want to do open source Smile ).

I will use the other thread for :
- Talk and post videos about developement ;
- Ask for help if I need ;
- Show you some level design I'll create before rendering.

I hope you'll enjoy my project ! Good bye !
My new remake of Crash Bandicoot is in development !

If you want to contact me, please do it by private message because I'm not checking my email box all the time !
Photo 
Hi everyone, here's the design of my first level !

EDIT : Adding this image
[Image: level1.jpg]

This is Crash's evasion from Cortex Castle.
I won't describe entirely the level, but I show you some details :

- The level start at the room at the top right-hand corner with an unusual character : Tawna. I really loved her gameplay in Crash 4, so I decided to include her as a playable character.
- N.B. : For the playable characters, I'm planning : Crash, Tawna, Coco and Cortex (in this order, for the first opus). And I have some good ideas for the continuation.
- At the middle of the level (Cortex Vortex at the top), the playable character changes to Crash, until the end of the level.

If you have any question concerning the caption (and I'm sure you have, because I'm firstly doing this for myself), don't hesitate to ask me questions ! Smile

If you want to contact me, please do it by private message because I'm not checking my email box all the time !
Star 
(22-11-2020, 06:03 PM)I Wrote: Hi everyone, here's the design of my first level !

EDIT : Adding this image
[Image: level1.jpg]

This is Crash's evasion from Cortex Castle.
I won't describe entirely the level, but I show you some details :

- The level start at the room at the top right-hand corner with an unusual character : Tawna. I really loved her gameplay in Crash 4, so I decided to include her as a playable character.
- N.B. : For the playable characters, I'm planning : Crash, Tawna, Coco and Cortex (in this order, for the first opus). And I have some good ideas for the continuation.
- At the middle of the level (Cortex Vortex at the top), the playable character changes to Crash, until the end of the level.

If you have any question concerning the caption (and I'm sure you have, because I'm firstly doing this for myself), don't hesitate to ask me questions ! Smile

Hi !
I was very very evasive (and tired) last time so I'll talk about some things that would need to be more precise. Smile 

Firstly, Tawna's gameplay. She can jump, double-jump, attack, crouch, use her grappling hook. This gadget (which is like the swinger in Ratchet & Clank) has three main functions : "translate" Tawna to the target (caption : black cross), "swing" herself around the target (caption : green cross), and "translate" the target to Tawna (caption : blue cross). About Crash, there's nothing to say : I won't add anything to his gameplay.

Secondly, the caption. I won't detail everything, but I show you some items :
- the black, red and green squares are crates (a red C inside mean a Checkpoint, and a 10 inside mean a "5-time bounce" crate - the other types of crates are quite explicit) ;
- I also write numbers in black, they mean the number of crates which are in this zone (no matter their type and their position) ;
- red arrows either are the beginning of a chase part or mean that the crates nearby are piled vertically ;
- enemies are mainly lab assistants, except for the Toxic Waste part where they are potoroos (who fire on Crash) ;
- two points over/under a bar mean an electrical obstacle. Crash must jump (if the two points are over the bar) or slide (if the two points are under the bar).

I think that's all. Tell me if you have questions ! Heart