Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you're going to make a Crash Bandicoot fangame, make it with love.
So... At least a few of you are likely aware of the existence of a certain fangame I won't say the name of. But... well, it's a game made out of pure spite for the modern Crash Bandicoot series. The developer is known for his hateful rhetoric (calling modern Crash the R slur on the now-edited GameJolt page for his game), harassing anyone who likes modern Crash (even going so far as to draw a friend of mine with his head on a pike just for liking it), and trying to get rid of any criticism of his work or behavior. Any negative review on his GameJolt page? Deleted. Criticism in a forum thread on the game? Thread deleted and remade. I doubt trying to say anything on his Youtube or Facebook would work either. His fangame suffers for this vitriol, caring more about being an attack on modern Crash than attempting to faithfully recreate the original game's controls or even trying to make the game look visually interesting. 

If the creator of the game sees this thread, here's my message to you. Let it go. It's fine to dislike a design, but not when you rub your hatred of it in others' faces and try making a game for no other reason than to dunk on the creators. The developers of the original Crash games have abandoned it to work on cinematic experiences. (While they aren't my thing, and I do have issues with the way some things in them are delivered, I can at least respect people who like them.) Classic Crash isn't coming back in any official way. If you want to bring it back, stop alienating fans who like both modern and classic Crash games. If you can respect the fans, you'll likely meet people willing to help you make your game the best it can be.

This isn't an attack on the game or its creator. The game has a lot of potential. However, the creator is too blinded by hatred to get help making it better.
We have spent literal years on this goddam loser, and to be honest that guy only gotten his place on the top spot for worst crash fan just for the barage of suicide jokes alone.
(05-04-2021, 11:27 PM)npzman Wrote: We have spent literal years on this goddam loser, and to be honest that guy only gotten his place on the top spot for worst crash fan just for the barage of suicide jokes alone.

And you think becoming a sadistic twat who hates classic Crash like yourself would make me the "best Crash-fan"?

And how can I be a loser if Facebook of my Crash-community, OldSchoolBandicoot, has now 127 members and its Discord 49 members?

Not to mention that even Josh Mancell himself is member OldSchoolBandicoot's Discord too
(06-04-2021, 07:11 AM)Guyus The Raptor Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:27 PM)npzman Wrote: We have spent literal years on this goddam loser, and to be honest that guy only gotten his place on the top spot for worst crash fan just for the barage of suicide jokes alone.

And you think becoming a sadistic twat who hates classic Crash like yourself would make me the "best Crash-fan"?

And how can I be a loser if Facebook of my Crash-community, OldSchoolBandicoot, has now 127 members and its Discord 49 members?

Not to mention that even Josh Mancell himself is member OldSchoolBandicoot's Discord too

Alright, let's unpack this.

"Sadistic twat?" Really? This is exactly what I mean by you attacking anyone who thinks modern Crash is good. You assumed this person dislikes classic Crash games, but when has he ever said that? Has he ever drawn your head on a pike for liking classic Crash? ...Oh, wait. That's something you did.

I should also mention that, upon looking at the Facebook community, you seem to hide your true self from them. You don't proclaim your hatred of modern Crash as if it's absolute fact like you do elsewhere. If word got around, people would leave fast. (Not to mention 127 isn't even that much, let alone 49.)
(06-04-2021, 07:11 AM)Guyus The Raptor Wrote: Not to mention that even Josh Mancell himself is member OldSchoolBandicoot's Discord too

I can only hope that your hate community wouldn't be an impression of the entire Crash community to Josh, I am worried you'll scare creators away from fan communities

(06-04-2021, 07:11 AM)Guyus The Raptor Wrote: And you think becoming a sadistic twat who hates classic Crash like yourself

and to be honest I like every single Crash Bandicoot game except Crash purple/Crash fusion and Crash Boom Bang.
(05-04-2021, 11:27 PM)npzman Wrote: I should also mention that, upon looking at the Facebook community, you seem to hide your true self from them. You don't proclaim your hatred of modern Crash as if it's absolute fact like you do elsewhere.

FB's info does state that the server is for all who prefer classic Crash over modern Crash and its rules forbid any NST, NF and IaT-related content