This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ARD's Miscellaneous Mods
(28-10-2019, 04:21 AM)ARD Wrote: Fake Crash, Biker Crash, Scuba Crash and all those other mods that remove Aku Aku, yes I can definitely make my own versions of those which don't do that so I'll add those to my to do list. I did once experiment with the idea of making a playable Tawna that used her animation from the Crash 1 intro as a spin attack but she doesn't really have any other animations so she wouldn't be able to walk around or do anything really, like most characters.

As I said before, people have figured out the format of animations so it's not out of the question that someone might be able to create custom animations at some point, and if that happens then stuff like Princess Coco in the N Sane Trilogy or a playable Tawna are more likely to happen. But for now the best I can do is probably Papu Papu...

Great to hear that! I figured you would be able to make those.

If you don't mind, where did you hear about the new progress made regarding the animations?
(28-10-2019, 07:34 PM)carpetdiem Wrote: If you don't mind, where did you hear about the new progress made regarding the animations?

Someone managed to figure out the format a made a plugin for 3ds Max that can convert the animations (https://github.com/PredatorCZ/HavokMax) and someone else made a 3ds Max script that can convert models and retain the bones (https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-29836...#pid654885) and when you use those in conjunction you can actually apply the animations to the models:

[Image: FtsDCCg.gif]

You can then export the models from 3ds Max with the animation baked in and load it into other programs. Hopefully someone will eventually be able to reverse the process and convert modified or totally custom animations back into the format used by the game but that hasn't happened yet. What we have at the moment is still useful though, I was using this to help me find the right animations to use for the Skylanders Crash mod because it's much quicker than editing the files and reloading the game every time.
carpetdiem likes this post
(29-10-2019, 02:44 AM)ARD Wrote:
(28-10-2019, 07:34 PM)carpetdiem Wrote: If you don't mind, where did you hear about the new progress made regarding the animations?

Someone managed to figure out the format a made a plugin for 3ds Max that can convert the animations (https://github.com/PredatorCZ/HavokMax) and someone else made a 3ds Max script that can convert models and retain the bones (https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-29836...#pid654885) and when you use those in conjunction you can actually apply the animations to the models:

[Image: FtsDCCg.gif]

You can then export the models from 3ds Max with the animation baked in and load it into other programs. Hopefully someone will eventually be able to reverse the process and convert modified or totally custom animations back into the format used by the game but that hasn't happened yet. What we have at the moment is still useful though, I was using this to help me find the right animations to use for the Skylanders Crash mod because it's much quicker than editing the files and reloading the game every time.

Thanks, it's very interesting. Sadly inserting modified meshes and animations back into the game engine will be definitely more complex so it may never happen  Undecided
I can see you like Fraps :p
Indeed it must be a lot faster to check animations outside the game
CTR exotic skins (NST PC)

[Image: nHf5qFc.jpg]

Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1sc6C6WGBA

Downloads:
Blue Hyena Crash
Shiba Crash
Skunk Crash
Chipmunk Fake Crash
Racoon Fake Crash
Pink Fake Crash
Blue Coco
Lynx Coco
Purple Coco

CTR: Nitro Fueled includes 3 "exotic" skins for each character, which are just recolours rather than different models like Princess Coco. This means that they are easy to mod into the N. Sane Trilogy, because they're simple texture swaps. So here's all of Crash and Coco's exotic skins as playable NST characters. I've also included versions of Crash that use Fake Crash's CTR skins, because they both use the same base model so their textures are compatible with each other. Let me know if any of the links are labelled incorrectly, I thought this would be quite a simple mod but it turns out that even simple mods become hard to keep track of when you do them in 9 different ways.